There are more and more survey panels every day. If you want to join some of these websites, it is getting more and more difficult to make a smart choice. That’s where we come in. Today, I will take a closer look at Hiving Panel. I will dig deep to find out if it is a good opportunity to earn a couple of extra dollars.
Trying to figure out whether a survey panel is legit or not can be daunting and tiresome effort. But, there are ways to speed up the process. One way is to read users reviews. Of course, it is not a bulletproof method because you can’t know which reviews are unbiased or even ordered by the survey panel itself. But, reading a couple of these will give you a general idea.
Another way is to read reviews like this one. Our reviews are honest and unbiased. Our idea is to present the facts, both positive and negative for each site we review. We will show you downsides even for the best websites in the business. There is no perfect survey site, and some of them suit your needs better than the others. Once you get the facts, you can make an educated decision on your own.
So, let’s see if there’s some honey for you in this hive (pun intended).
What Is Hiving Panel
Hiving Panel is a market research company based in Paris, France. It operates in more than 20 countries worldwide. The company was founded in 2009 and it has grown ever since. So, it is safe to say that this panel is legit.
The way Hiving operates is more or less similar to other survey sites. Hiving Panel helps companies to understand their audience better by collecting consumer opinions. Their surveys cover a wide range of topics. Panel members are rewarded for voicing their opinion. It’s a simple and effective model. But, this is all theory. Let’s see how it works in practice.
How Does Hiving Work
Signing up to Hiving is easy. You can do it via Facebook or your email account. It takes probably less than a minute to register. However, as soon as you sign up you will have to answer an extensive profiling survey. This profiling survey is longer than average. But, the idea is to create a complete profile so that you will be matched with surveys better. As far as I could see, it works, because disqualifying rates are quite low on Hiving Panel. And if you do get disqualified you will receive 30 points as a consolation prize.
The detailed profile won’t save you from pre-qualifying questions, though. Companies that order research ask these additional personal questions. This part can be boring, but at least you won’t be disqualified halfway through, or at the end of the survey. Surveys take between 5 and 20 minutes.
I forgot to say that you will receive invitations for surveys via email only. So, you don’t have to bother logging in and searching for available surveys. Usually, you will get between 1 and 4 surveys per month.
For each completed survey you will earn points. Point system is simple: 1,000 points equates $1. In my trial, I have completed one survey. It took 5 minutes and I earned 300 points, two weeks later. It’s not a lot, but hey, it was a 5-minute job. I can’t guess how much they pay on average. Obviously, it would take months to figure it out.
Anyway, it’s obvious that you can’t earn a whole lot of money on this site. You will get only a couple of opportunities a month. On the bright side, it is not time-consuming at all, so if you mix it with several other sites it may work out for you.
Payment Method at Hiving
You can cash out via PayPal, Amazon gift cards, or you can donate your money to charities. To be able to do so, you need to accumulate 4,000 points or $4. It’s a pretty reasonable threshold. However, the payment is somewhat slow as it takes up to a couple of weeks to process it.
Pros of Hiving
- Short and interesting surveys. Most surveys take between 5 and 10 minutes, 20 minutes, tops.
- It is available internationally. Hiving Panel is available in more than 20 countries around the world.
- Email invitations only. You won’t waste your time looking for opportunities.
- Referral program. You can have an unlimited number of referrals and you will earn a small percentage of your referral’s earnings.
Cons of Hiving
- Infrequent opportunities. Up to 4-5 surveys a month is not enough. It may take forever to earn some money.
- Poor customer support. This is an understatement. Many users complained that they could never get a response from the site. While this is not unusual for survey sites, it can ruin your experience with the site.
- Payment problems. This is a major issue and a red flag. Way too many members experienced some kind of problems when they tried to collect the money. Sometimes, it was painfully slow, but some users have never gotten their money. Some members were very persistent and when they finally reached the customer service, the problems were resolved. But, if you have to write a zillion emails to get your money, it is not worth it.
- Boring and repetitive pre-qualifying questions. For each survey, you will have to answer some questions over and over again.
Hiving Panel has some good sides, but it’s shaky in the most important segment – the payout. Don’t get me wrong here, Hiving Panel is a legitimate survey site and it is not a scam. However, payment issues make them unreliable and not so appealing. Everything else can work perfectly, but if you have to go through a lot of trouble to get your money, the rest counts for nothing. Some members do get their money smoothly, but you can’t know beforehand how is it going to work out for you.
So, in my opinion, there are many more reliable survey sites out there. Even if everything works well, you won’t make a lot of money. However, if you want to give Hiving a try, you won’t waste too much time. Several 5 to 10 minutes surveys a month means that you won’t spend more than an hour a month on this site. If you combine it with other sites with more frequent opportunities, it can turn out to be just fine.