When a survey platform claims it has over 10 million members, will you believe it? If not, you’re not alone. There are thousands of scammy websites that seek your personal information for dishonest purposes. Well, Survey Junkie does claim they have that many members. And after a detailed research, I’m leaning toward believing them.
The system is very simple. All you need to do is fill out online surveys. In return, you will get points which you can redeem for cash or gift cards. Send the cash to your PayPal account and that’s it. The only condition is that you are a US, Canada or Australia resident to be able to make money via this system.
Other earning options include product reviews and focus groups. Approximately once a month or once every two months, you will get a free product to review it. Keep the product and earn anywhere from $5 to $50. Or you can enter focus groups and participate in online meetings, in person or with other people, to earn from $25 to $150. These activities are optional and rare, but it doesn’t hurt trying them out while you’re there.
Who Are They?
Survey Junkie is a brand under Blue Media Ventures Inc. The company is based in Glendale, California, has existed for 8 years now, and has a B+ rating on Better Business Bureau as well as accreditation it earned in 2017. It boasts an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars, based on over 130 customer reviews as of this writing – a pretty rare sight for the sore eyes of anyone who forages for a decent and trustworthy survey site.
According to their members, the customer service is great and payments are swift and punctual, without delay that is so often with many market research platforms. Points appear on your balance the moment you’re done with a survey. As soon as you accrue enough to hit the threshold, you can transfer the funds out to your PayPal account immediately.
How Does Survey Junkie Work?
Signing up is free and easy, and doesn’t require a lot of information. You just need to enter your email address, zip code, birth date, gender, name, and that’s it – or just log in with your Facebook or Google account. Right after hitting “Submit”, you will get a notification that you earned 25 points.
Fill in an additional questionnaire to get an extra 50 points. The questions include your marital status, number of children if any, household income, education level, pets, race, employment status. Confirming your account via email is worth another 25 points. It all takes less than 5 minutes, and that’s already 100 points, which equals $1!
There are a few more questionnaires to determine your shopping, health, household, interest and travel profiles. These will get you started. Just by filling out those, I earned 155 points – that translates to $1.55 in cash. Not bad considering that it took me about 12 minutes! These are the so-called screening questions, with a purpose to determine your user profile and tailor the surveys for you.
Do these fun and easy activities at home or on the go, from a desktop or their mobile app. The cashout threshold is $10, but in my experience it’s not too difficult to meet that, since each survey pays up to $1 on average.
Once you start, you will be getting emails and notifications whenever a new survey pops up and you seem to be a fit. You know how annoying it is when you enter a survey and spend 20 minutes on it just to learn that you aren’t eligible? It happens here as well. But the difference is that you will get three points (not a lot, but still) even if you don’t qualify. It means that Survey Junkie respects their members and the time they chose to invest in this system. And it’s a feature that really singles them out from their competition.
The more time you spend on Survey Junkie, the more your earning opportunity will grow. The surveys sent out to you will get more relevant to your profile since you’ve already fed them information about yourself. You just need to be honest with your answers so they don’t conflict with each other.
Apart from the cash you manage to earn, you will also get some satisfaction in knowing that your opinion really does have an impact on the market. That’s the “influencer” part of the pitch on their landing page, and it really works that way. You’ll be at least a little bit proud when a product you got surveyed on hits the market, and you’ll know you had a say in it.
- The company is absolutely legit. I don’t say that unless I’m 100% sure. They are a serious player on the market, and it means they are here to stay. Join the platform today and you will hopefully remain their member for many years to come.
- You get to choose between gift cards and actual cash. Many other survey platforms out there will only give you the opportunity to convert your points into gift cards. I really like to have an option for cash and make my choice on what to do with it. Even if it’s an Amazon gift card (and I love Amazon), I prefer to pay for it willingly, if and when I want to, rather than to be forced into getting it.
- The earning system is straightforward and clear. The mathematics is simple. 100 points equals $1 in money, and it’s always like that. Points won’t shrink in value today and grow the next day. Better yet, the threshold for cashing out is pretty low. You only need to accumulate 1,000 points, which is $10, and the money will land on your PayPal account in no time. With most other platforms, the cashout threshold is about $25 in points, and it may take months to get there.
- You will get something even if you get disqualified from a survey. Be it only a few points, it accounts for some of the time you spent on a survey. If nothing else, you won’t be frustrated for wasting some 10 minutes and making nothing of it.
- Your points won’t vanish if you aren’t regular on the site. Even if you earn some points now and get back in a year, they will still be on your account. With most of their competitors, whatever you earned will expire if you are inactive for some time.
- They don’t promise what they can’t (or don’t want to) deliver. You won’t find misleading information and/or fake testimonials about making hundreds or thousands of dollars on their website. Unlike many of their competitors, they don’t claim you’re going to get rich by doing surveys. It’s clear that it can only be a side income during your leisure time.
- Sleek, modern looking, intuitive website. I am not the one who will start using a service just because it looks nice. But this kind of attention to detail tells me they are really committed to their business. You won’t experience crashes or other technical issues.
- Filling out surveys and reviewing products are the only ways you can make money on Survey Junkie. Other similar platforms (even somewhat dubious ones like Quick Rewards) offer you a huge number of ways to earn, such as playing games, watching videos, reading emails, entering subscriptions, clicking various offers, shopping online or in store and getting cash back.
- There aren’t many surveys. You’re likely to get invited to two or three surveys per week. That’s not as many as some other platforms offer. But then again, those other platforms tend to send much more random surveys, which means a lot more time wasted.
- Location sensitive. You can only get advantage of this platform if you are a resident of US, Australia or Canada.
- Some customers complain their accounts were shut down all of a sudden and for no good reason. We can’t be sure as to why this happens, but it’s worth being a little bit reserved.
- Does the name say it all? Really, you guys! It does sound a bit scammy. Which is about the only thing that can slightly affect their reputation if you ask me. The first time I heard about this platform, I was pretty sure it would be some kind of a 1990s-looking-and-acting sort of system that is only after your personal information so that it could sell them to the highest bidder, and not for good purpose.
Even though it won’t make it to my list of 5 best survey sites currently on the market, Survey Junkie is totally legitimate. More than that, it’s definitely worth your time.
They did their homework and made one of the most professional looking and acting platforms that can act as your side gig. Sure, you won’t be able to pay off your mortgage or anything of the kind, but you will earn some sweet money with zero to very little effort. So, go ahead and sign up, and let me know if your experience was as positive as mine!