Would you like to make some money online from the comfort of your home, without breaking a sweat? There are myriads of online options to earn some money. Paid surveys are among the most popular side hustles for a good reason. It is easy and fun to take surveys, it doesn’t take too long, and you can do it whenever you find it convenient. As a result, survey sites like Survey Squad are thriving and there are new ones emerging every day. Keep in mind though, that you won’t get rich from survey sites. Actually, you can’t earn anything that resembles a regular wage. However, it is still appealing to pocket some extra money for an activity that is fun and doesn’t feel like a job at all.
The secret of the success of online survey panels is simple – there’s something in it for everyone. Companies pay a lot of money to gain insight into consumer’s habits and trends. Market research companies that run online survey panels, make a profit as a middleman, and you and I get cash incentives for providing information that these companies need. The only problem is to separate reliable sites from those that want to take advantage of you, or scam you. This is where we come in.
In this review, I will take a thorough look at Survey Squad to find out if they are worthy of your time.
Survey Squad Fast Facts
Survey Squad is an online platform that connects businesses and consumers. It is owned by Focus Forward, a market research company established in 2003. On the surface, Survey Squad is more or less similar to other survey panels. It is more versatile than the most, though. Survey Squad offers you a couple of different ways to earn some extra money. Beside typical surveys, you can take mobile surveys, participate in focus groups, or take part in phone interviews.
So, is Survey Squad legit? That is the first question that we need to answer when assessing survey sites. In this case, it is obvious that Survey Squad is legit. It has more than 15 years of experience. Also, its parent company is a legitimate company with a real address. It is easy to trace all relevant information about the company and its business. Now, as we have established that this is a legitimate site let’s dig deeper to see what does it offer to potential members.
How Survey Squad Works
First, you have to create an account on Survey Squad. All you need to do is fill in your basic info. Once you’ve done this you will be asked to provide some additional and pretty detailed personal info through several profiling surveys. The more details you provide, the better chance you’ll have to qualify for surveys and other available tasks. Survey Squad classifies members into three categories: consumers, business professionals, and medical professionals. You will receive invitations for tasks according to your group and personal details. So, it is an extensive procedure but it should allow you to qualify for assignments and surveys more often.
As soon as you sign up you can expect to receive your first invitation. You will be invited via email for both surveys and other tasks. Surveys last about 15 minutes on average. For each completed survey you will get between 1,000 and 5,000 points. 1,000 points equal $1, so surveys pay quite well.
As for other tasks, in-person studies, multi-session phone or online interviews will allow you to earn some decent rewards. It can vary a lot, but typically you will get between $100 and $300. It depends on lots of things, but generally the longer the study, the higher the reward. For in-person studies, you will receive your reward as soon as the study ends. You can choose cash, check or a gift card. Surveys, phone interviews, and other tasks will earn you points.
You need to accumulate 20,000 points to cash out. You will be paid via check and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to receive it! And I am not kidding. I don’t get it why it takes that long, but it’s a big downer for Survey Squad.
- Versatility. Survey Squad offers several options to earn some money and none of them are tedious or a waste of time. This is pretty rare in the industry. It means that you don’t have to calculate which tasks to take. Every invitation you get is a nice opportunity to earn.
- Good pay. While surveys pay very well, other tasks pay even better. So, overall it is fair to say that the pay rate is excellent.
- Mobile support. Mobile surveys on Survey Squad are another nice addition so that you can take surveys on the go.
- Awful payment methods. While gift cards are okay, a lack of PayPal or some other similar service is at least strange. Waiting for your check 6 to 8 weeks is way too long.
- Bad customer support. Slow payment leads to complaining, but you’ll hardly get a swift and satisfactory reaction from the support service.
- Payment issues. Many users complain that they have never received the money they had earned on Survey Squad. While there are many satisfied users as well, these complaints ask for resolution. It is hard to figure out why some people get their money while others don’t. I have a piece of advice here, though. Survey sites have thousands of users and a handful of employees. It means that software and programs do most of the job automatically. Make sure that you don’t make a spelling mistake or enter any false information when you create your profile. It can lead to a lot of problems while being hard to detect.
Conclusion About Survey Squad
Survey Squad excels in many fields regarding the survey site industry. It offers interesting surveys that pay well. Focus groups, studies, and phone interviews are even more rewarding. It really looks great until the very end. But, there is always a downside. With Survey Squad it is an ancient and slow payment method. Payment issues that some users have experienced, call for caution. However, in my opinion, lots of positive features are attractive enough to give it a try.