Is it really easy to make some extra money online? Nowadays, it seems like everybody is trying to find a way to earn money online. While there are countless opportunities, most of them are anything but easy. If you want to earn a lot of money, it always includes a good idea and a lot of work. However, it is possible to earn a little bit of extra cash without a serious effort. Paid surveys are probably the most popular way to do it. Tellwut is a paid survey site that offers you to voice your opinion and get a reward in return.
The basic idea is pretty cool. Survey sites provide data for all kinds of companies that use it to improve their products and services. And survey sites can afford to share their profit with survey takers, meaning you or me or anyone. Survey sites use these rewards to make sure they will always have a large consumer base ready to provide info or feedback for the companies.
So, in theory, it should be a win-win situation. However, in reality, wherever there’s a lot of money, there are scammers or greedy companies that will try to gain a larger piece of cake than they deserve. If you want to try your luck with survey sites, you need to be careful. In this review, I will take a closer look at Tellwut.
What Is Tellwut
Tellwut is an online survey panel. The panel is operated by Tellwut Corp, a Canadian company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It has started the business in 2010. Tellwut Corp is BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited since 2013 and holds an A+ rating with BBB. While this doesn’t necessarily mean that it is an outstanding survey site, it is a good start. We can positively conclude that Tellwut is legit.
So it is a real company and it runs a legitimate business. But, how good is it? At first sight, it looks good. Besides the BBB rating, users opinions are predominantly favorable. Actually, the vast majority of users rate them not only positive but excellent. It is rare for the industry, so it seems that Tellwut is a great survey site. Let’s dig deeper to see how it works.
How It Works
This is not a typical survey site. The basic principle is the same, but Tellwut offers some unique opportunities. On this site, you can both take surveys and create them. Either way, you will earn points. The idea is to allow anyone to conduct market research or any other research for that matter. As a result, you will find a wide variety of topics and different surveys, polls or questions on the site. Most of the polls and fun surveys, take less than a minute, which means you can do a lot of surveys in a short period of time. But, let’s take one step at a time.
First, you need to sign up. You will earn 100 points as a sign-up bonus and up to 150 points more, depending on the number of profiling questions that you choose to answer. Then you are ready to start taking surveys. Answering all kinds of short surveys will get you between 5 and 15 points. External surveys are also available and they pay anywhere between 25 and 2000 points.
If you decide to create a public survey, you can earn 10 to 20 points. You can post one survey a week. Finally, if you refer a friend, you will earn 25 points.
These are the ways to earn points. But, let’s put things into perspective. You need to accrue 4,000 points to redeem your rewards. 4,000 points equal $10. So, you have a lot of opportunities to earn very little money. As for rewards, you can choose from a variety of gift cards and retailer vouchers. These include Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, and many more gift cards.
Pros of Tellwut
- Short and interesting surveys. Fun surveys usually take less than a minute. Also, you can find almost any topic you like. This is pretty unique and appealing.
- Excellent customer support. Survey sites usually don’t have a good customer service, so thumbs up for this one.
- Excellent users ratings. This speaks volumes. I can judge them this or that, but a large number of satisfied users point out that this site is viable and a good opportunity.
- Variety of possibilities. You can create your own polls and interact with other members. You won’t get bored on this site, that’s for sure.
- Low threshold. You can claim your rewards when you accumulate $10. Although, at $25 there are many more options available.
Cons of This Panel
- High disqualifying rate for external surveys. With so many available surveys it is actually hard to estimate disqualifying rates, but some users complained about this.
- Low pay rate. This is a bit of a controversial call. While most of the surveys will pay a very small amount of points, they are also extremely short. It would take much longer than a one-day trial to make a definite conclusion about this.No cash option. While there is a great variety of gift cards and vouchers, a lack of an option to be paid in cash is disappointing.
Tellwut is a legitimate and reliable survey site. That is for sure. It has many positive sides and a couple of unique features. Very short surveys and a possibility to create your own surveys is quite appealing. With a wide variety of topics and options, you can always find something that is sort of fun and interesting. It is also great to know that customer support is easily reachable if you face technical or any other problem. So, overall, this site offers a lot of good stuff.
As for the downside, it depends on your criteria. Rewards per survey are ridiculously low at first sight. However, considering the shortness of the surveys and the number of happy and satisfied users that manage to redeem frequently, maybe it is not as low as it seems. This is actually the only part of Tellwut business that I can’t figure out completely. Maybe I am just not good at math.
Anyway, I recommend joining this site. It is a reliable and honest site, and short surveys give you a chance to test the site without losing too much time. Even if you don’t enjoy the experience you won’t have a lot of regrets. But, a high percentage of happy members suggests that it will be a great experience.