Do you want to make some money online? It is a question, or offer that you’ll come across all the time while surfing the net. But, it is the wrong question. There are myriads of ways to earn money online because there are myriads of jobs that can be done from home. But, to earn any serious money you need to have skills, be it online or in person. Most of the people are not looking for a full-time job, but for a side hustle that is easy and can be done on the go. Websites like Whatusersdo offer such an arrangement. These sites are called paid survey or get-paid-to sites. In this review, I will show you what is Whatusersdo all about.
What Is Whatusersdo About
Whatusersdo is a get-paid-to platform. It is not unique, but it is specific. Whatusersdo focuses on usability testing services. What does that actually mean? It is quite simple: they offer you an opportunity to test websites from the comfort of your home, and in return you get rewards. It is a fast-growing niche, and a profitable one. More and more business is conducted through the Internet and checking out the user experience is very important for companies. So, it is a simple concept, similar to typical survey sites: companies pay online research panels to gather data, and these panels reward you for your contribution. Those rewards are rather small, but all you have to do is to share your opinion or provide certain information.
Whatusersdo is founded in 2008 in London, UK. It was acquired by UserZoom a large international company. UserZoom has a long list of clients, some of them being among the largest companies in the world. The list of their clients includes Microsoft, Facebook, Adobe, General Motors, Coca Cola and many more. I think that this is more than enough to conclude that Whatusersdo runs a legitimate business. So, now that we know it is not a scam, let’s see if it is a good opportunity to make a few extra dollars.
How It Works
The sign-up procedure is a little bit more complicated than usual, but for a reason. Before you start you need to check out if your PC meets the requirements and that you have a microphone. Signing-up on Whatusersdo is a three-step process. First, you have to create an account, providing your basic info. After that, you need to download their Screen Recorder.
Practice test comes next, where you’ll get to test your microphone. Even if it is a bit time-consuming it is a necessary step. If your microphone is not working properly, your testing will be for nothing as you won’t get paid. Once you pass a practice test, you will need to fill in a typical questionnaire to provide your demographic info. After that, you are officially a ‘tester’ and eligible to take part in testing.
From there it gets really simple. You don’t need to log in and check out available tests. You will receive an email invitation for each test you can take. Once you receive an invitation you should respond quickly if possible. If you wait too long to accept, you might be late, because the number of participants is limited. Tests usually last between 15 and 20 minutes. You will get clear instructions on which site to visit and what to do there. Usually, they will ask you to look for particular items, navigate the site or add an item to your cart. There are many possibilities, but you can’t go wrong, it is really that simple. However, testings are not very frequent. Typically, you will receive between 3 and 5 invitations a month.
As for the money, it is always the same. You will earn $5 per each testing. There are no points, no gift cards, and no complications of any kind. All you need to have is a PayPal account. There is no redemption threshold either. You will automatically receive the money you have earned on the 25th of the next month. So, as you can see, there’s no even payment request.
Obviously, they try to keep things as simple as possible. That is great news for a couple of reasons. First of all, you don’t have to think about anything, you just take your tests and that’s it. I think that this is pretty unique. Also, when everything is simple, it is very easy to figure out if it is a good opportunity and does it satisfy your goals.
Pros of Whatusersdo
- Simplicity. Apart from signing up, everything else is as simple as it gets. You can just do your tests and reap your rewards.
- An excellent pay rate. It is not the highest out there, but earning $5 for up to 20 minutes of your time should satisfy anyone. It is really easy money.
- Cashing out. Actually, there is no cashing out. The money will lend on your PayPal account automatically on the 25th of every month.
- You can influence your earnings. Every test you complete will get a rating. So, if you get good ratings you will receive more invitations. To get better ratings comment on everything you do while testing a website.
Cons of This Platform
- Low test frequency. You should receive between 3 and 5 invitations a month. So, obviously, you won’t make a lot of money even though the tests pay very well.
- Small mistakes will cost you. Background noise, skipping the exit question, and stuff like that will automatically invalidate your effort. Of course, you can avoid this by being very careful.
- Closing down the account without warning. I have found some unsatisfied users, who complained about their account being closed out of the blue. Get-paid-to sites tend to have security programs that raise red flags way too easy. I am not sure what to make of this, I can’t know how often it happens. Anyway, it is a red flag to be cautious.
- Customer support is not good. This is related to problems with the account, and it seems to be hard to get in touch with the customer service to try to resolve the issue.
Whatusersdo is a legit opportunity. There is a large parent company behind it, so you don’t have to worry about legitimacy. Overall, I think that this is a very good site. You won’t make a lot of money here, because you won’t get frequent opportunities. On the other hand, everything is crystal clear. You know almost exactly how many tests you will get, how much time you will spend and how much money you will make. There are no screen outs, no payment thresholds, and the pay rate is great.
So, I would recommend joining this panel. In order to make decent money you need to join at least several panels, but that is a general rule anyway. You will not waste your time on this site. You will earn easy money in no time, even though it is just $15 to $25 a month. Previously, I advised some caution, but actually, you have nothing to lose. Even if you face problems, it won’t be after 6 months of frustration and expectation. With Whatusersdo, things work great, or they don’t work at all. So, if you ask me, give Whatusersdo a try.